With the Fourth of July right around the corner, we’re taking pride in America and celebrating Independence Day all week long. From live music and street food, to a 5K, street parade and fireworks, here is your ultimate list of how and where to show your pride. Don’t forget to wear red, white and blue!
FRIDAY, JULY 1
- Royse City’s Celebrating Freedom event brings Tracy Lawrence to the stage playing an acoustic set a 7 p.m., followed by Matthew Middleton & Texas Drive. Fireworks at begin at 9:30. Don’t forget to bring your chairs!
SATURDAY, JULY 2
- Bluegrass on Ballard is a FREE community event on Ballard Ave. in Historic Downtown Wylie. Enjoy live music from 3 to 10 p.m., a classic car show, arts and crafts, chili cook-off, and family fun. Info: discoverwylie.com.
- The Sachse Chamber of Commerce and City of Sachse are teaming up for the 9th Annual Red, White and Blue Blast at Heritage Park. Enjoy live entertainment, food, vendors, contests, crafts, a “Splashdown” provided by the Sachse Fire Department, and fireworks. Parade at 6 p.m. followed by Metroplex United Pipe Band.
- An Independence Day Celebration held in Forney will offer rides, games, food, live entertainment and fireworks beginning at 6 pm. at the Forney Community Park, 241 S. FM 548. Info: cityofforney.org.
SUNDAY, JULY 3
- Enjoy spectacular Fireworks Show & Family Fun presented with patriotic music and video at Sabine Creek. There will be music and dancing, BBQ, hot dogs, STEEL CITY POPS, zip line, climbing wall and more, from 6 to 10 p.m. at Sabine Creek Ranch, 576 Sabine Creek Road in Royse City. FREE ADMISSION! (Reasonable cost for food and ropes course.) Bring family and friends, lawn chairs, blankets and bug spray, but please no pets, alcohol, outside food, or fireworks.
MONDAY, JULY 4
- The 4th Annual Rowlett Freedom 5K on Main begins at 7:30 a.m. and includes a 1 mile fun run. Dogs and strollers welcome. A portion of the proceeds benefit Relay for Life. Info: rowlett5k.com.
- Celebrate the 4th of July with a fireworks show, parade and live music at Harry Myers Park in Rockwall. Best viewing areas are Harry Myers Park, Dobbs Elementary, Tuttle Athletic Complex and the RISD Admin Building. Parade starts 11 a.m.; live music at 8 to 9 p.m.; fireworks at dusk. Info: playrockwall.com.
- Celebrate the Fourth at Fireworks on Main from 6 to 10 p.m. at 5300 Main Street in Rowlett with live music by the Mars Hill Band and headliner Exile, bounce houses and face painting, games, festival food including brisket sandwiches, sno cones, nachos, tacos, hot dogs, and root beer. Fireworks at 9:45 p.m. Free admission and parking. All events will be held at Pecan Grove Park (behind Wet Zone Waterpark). Parking will be available at Rowlett High School, Herfurth Park, Coyle Middle School and the DART station. Shuttle transportation will also be available with pickup locations at Coyle Middle School, Herfurth Park, and the DART station. Handicap accessible parking will be located on site adjacent to the event and activities.
- Entertainment in Terrell begins at 6 p.m. and the Tricycle/Bicycle Parade begins at 7:15 at Ben Gill Park, Hwy 80 and 9th Street. Fireworks at dark. Info:terrelltexas.com.
- The City of Heath invites all veterans to ride in a special float during the Parade and Patriotic Celebration. Staging for the parade begins at Amy Parks-Heath Elementary at 8 a.m.; judging at 8:30; parade at 9. Awards will be presented during a celebration following the parade at Towne Center Park, featuring a live barbershop quartet, free popsicles and pie! For more details, click here.
- Firewheel Town Center, in conjunction with the City of Garland, will celebrate our nation’s independence with a full afternoon of family fun during Star-Spangled Spectacular from 2-10 p.m. on the Fourth of July. Families will enjoy face painting, bounce houses, music, food and more during Star Spangled Spectacular. Additionally, 92.1 Hank FM Party Patrol will be onsite from 4 p.m.-7 p.m. with games, live music, and even more fun. The event will culminate with a patriotic fireworks display at 9:15 p.m. Firewheel Town Center retailers will join the celebration by adding great summer sales and in-store events throughout the day. Free admission. For more info: visitgarlandtx.com/events/2016/star-spangled-spectacular.
If you currently live in Woodcreek, we invite you to join in the fun and march with us as the Woodcreek HOA will have a float in this year’s Rockwall Parade! If interested in hitching a ride on our float, please register with the Social Committee, other wise feel free to decorate your bike, dog or stroller and follow along. Parade runs from Utley Middle School to Harry Myers Park and begins at 11 am. Let’s show the Rockwall how much we love our community!